How do I change my Apple Music from family to individual one?
Tap your name, then tap Subscriptions. Tap the name of the subscription that you want to change. Tap See All Plans, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete your purchase. If you chose a subscription that you can share with family, turn on Share with Family.
Choose Music category on your iPhone that keeps the old Apple ID > Tap on Select button at the top right corner to select music > Select the music you want to transfer to your target iPhone > Tap on Send to iPhone button to transfer the selected songs.
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac, sign in to appleid.apple.com with your Apple ID and password.
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap the downward-facing arrow at the top of the page, then tap Family Sharing. ...
- Tap or click Disconnect Account.
- Tap or click Disconnect.
Answer: A: No, there is no real consolidation or merging of accounts, nor should you ever want that. Each person should always keep their own Apple ID account.
Don't worry: From my testing, you shouldn't lose your Apple Music library, likes, or data when switching between accounts.
Share Apple subscriptions
Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing. Tap Subscriptions, then do one of the following: Tap a subscription you want to share, then follow the onscreen instructions. Tap Manage Subscriptions, then tap a subscription.
- Open the Apple Music app or iTunes. ...
- Go to Listen Now or For You.
- Tap or click the trial offer (one trial per person or family).
- Choose an individual subscription, family subscription to share with up to six people, or student subscription.
Once you leave your Family Sharing group, your Apple Music data will remain on Apple's servers for a short period of time, allowing you to sign up for an Individual plan and your library and likes.
If you join a family group it provides a way to share purchased content. If you join a family group with a family membership, they can cancel the individual membership and not lose access to Apple Music. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
The only difference between the Individual Plan and the Family Plan is that the latter subscription allows you to provide up to five other family members their own Apple Music account for $14.99 a month.